Monday, November 10, 2008

Visual imaging and medicine

From an advertisement in the NYTimes for Weill Cornell Physicians

"Einstein came up with a technique of thinking known as visual imaging.

He would visualize himself in a vessel moving faster and faster, and he would see mathematical formulas changing as the speed went up.

I am quite impressed with that kind of thing. 

I am always trying to visualize things in a different way. 
Love trekking, hiking. I travel a lot. On long flights, and long treks, I write down ideas. 
This is how I modify things.

My mentor was interested in the possibilities of robotic surgery. Together, we were involved in one of the first robotic prostate cancer procedures in the U.S. Now, I work on redefining this technique again and again.

For science, the next five years will be unparalleled to past decades or even centuries. But we have to continue to be human. All the technology is a means to an end, and the end hasn't changed. This is all for one individual who is suffering with something."

Dr. Ashutosh Tewari
Director, Robotic Prostatectomy

www.weillcornell.org


No comments:

Blogs of Interest